We are pleased to announce that the GlassTrend Board and the Organizing Committee of the International Year of Glass 2022 (IYOG 2022), are cooperating to offer a joint GlassTrend – IYOG 2022 series of events.
These events will illustrate how the United Nations Development Goals (UNDGs) are supported by glass. It is a wonderful example of international cooperation covering UNDG-17 ‘Partnerships for the goals’.
- The 1st event of the series is scheduled for Tuesday, January 18th starting at 13:00 CET. This will be a webinar where Dr. Hong Li from NEG will present about ‘Chemical approach to ultra-high-modulus fiberglass’ that is linked to the UNDG Affordable & clean energy.
- On February 10th, CelSian’s Dr. Corinne Claireaux will give a lecture during the Opening Ceremony of IYOG 2022 in Geneva to highlight the UNDGs 4 ‘Quality education’ and 5 ‘Gender equality’.
Future events will be dedicated to the other 7 UNDGs comprising:
- Good health and well-being
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable & clean energy
- Industry, innovation, infrastructure
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
These events are reserved for GlassTrend members. They will be promoted via our email, website, and social media and those of our glass magazine partners.
To register for the individual webinars, please visit www.glasstrend.nl/events.
We look forward to an inspiring lecture season and a great start of 2022!
With kind regards and looking forward to meeting you soon,
Pr. Alicia Duran
Head of the CSIC GlaSS research group
Chairman of the GlassTrend Board