ICG International Congresses On Glass
Every three years the ICG has a Congress, giving glass scientists and technologists a valuable opportunity to meet and disseminate information on glass science and technology. ICG Congresses typically attract 700 – 1000 attendees and up to 900 papers and posters. Special features include:
- Invited lectures reviewing major achievements in both the traditional fields of glass science and technology and in new glass applications: optics, photonics, elctronics, nanotechnology, coating technology, biotechnology, and composites
- Sessions organised by Technical Committees to review their work.
The XXVI CONGRESS (2022) will be in Berlin, Germany. A list of previous Congress venues is given below.
ICG Annual Conferences and other events in the Glass Field
In the years between its Congresses ICG organises an Annual Conference. Sadly the ongoing pandemic in 2020 has caused the cancellation of the conference planned this year in Krakow. The next in 2021 will take place in South Korea. Although shorter than the Congresses, several Technical Committees will organise sessions based on their key activities and many papers will be presented.
Other organisations also run Glass Conferences. To add an event to our list or edit an existing link please contact: email@example.com.
One consequence of COVID-19 is that many people are turning to Webinars as a means of communicating. More information is available at the sites below:
1) DGG events
3) American Ceramic Society. Events included in conference list below.
4) British Glass Webinars on Net Zero production.
Below is a list of those conferences we know of.
- The Glass Art Society has arranged its next meeting as a Virtual event taking from from 20-22nd May 2021
- VITROGEOWASTES-II, 23-26th May 2021 ONLINE only
- 9th Colloquium of the French Association for the Archaeology of Glass, Nantes, France from 29th May-2nd June, 2021
- Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC) San Francisco, USA from 6-10th June 2021
- 9-10th June 2021, Furnace Solutions 15 and Training Day, UK, Society of Glass Technology
- 20th International Metallurgy and Materials Congress, Istanbul, Will now run from 10-12th June, 2021.
- The postponed glasstec 2020 is planned to run in Düsseldorf/Germany from 15-18th JUNE 2021.
- 14th International Conference on Solid State Chemistry, 13-17th June 2021 at Trencin, Slovakia to include several sessions on advanced glasses. Conference Chair is Prof Galusek. ONLINE and IN PERSON
- 20th International Metallurgy and Materials Congress, Istanbul, POSTPONED to 10-12th June, 2021.
- 15th International Ceramics Conference (CIMTEC) and 9th Forum on New Materials, 21-30th June 2021, Montecatini Terme, Italy.
- Next ICG Summer School in Montpellier is planned to run from 5-9th July, 2021 as a virtual event
- The 6th International Conference on Competitive Materials and Technology processes with the 2nd European Conference on Silicon and Silica based materials are planned for the 4-8th October, 2021 at the Hotel Palota, Miskolc-Lillafured, Hungary as hybrid events.
- The 2021 ICG Annual Meeting, “Glass: tradition and emerging innovations” is planned for 5-8th September in Songdo ConventiA, Incheon, S. Korea (Note new dates). You will find a Link to a Flyer on the Home Page of this site.
- The Glass Performance Days Conference in Finland is planned for 20-22nd October 2021. Abstracts are requested.
- ICG Winter School in Wuhan, China Next planned for 30th October-6th November 2021
- The 82nd Annual Glass Problems Meeting will take place from 1-4th November 2021 in Columbus, Ohio, USA. Abstract are currently sought. Students can also apply for grants to attend via the conference web site.
- The next GOMD meeting will is now planned for 12-17th December, 2021 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, BC, and will be co-located with the 14th Pacific Rim Conference on Ceramic and Glass Technology.
- An International Conference on ‘Glass Science and Technology from the Golden Era of the Pharaohs to a Sustainable Future’ from 18-20th April 2022 in Egypt.
- 50th GAS meeting: Tacoma, Washington, USA, from May 18th through May 21st 2022 (postponed from 2021). The organisers are actively seeking fresh ideas from groups that are normally under-represented.
- ICG XXVI will be held at the Maritim Hotel in Berlin, Germany on 3-8 July 2022 on the occasion of the DGG centenary celebrations.
- 10th-16th July 2022, Physics of Non-Crystalline Solids 16, Canterbury, UK to be run by the Society of Glass Technology
- Borate/Phosphate conference, Corning, 17-21st July, 2023.
- Structure of Non-Crystalline Materials 15: 2023. Oxford, UK organised by the Society of Glass Technology
Venues for Congresses
|XXV||ICG Congress||Boston, USA||2019|
|XXIV||ICG Congress||Shanghai, China||2016|
|XXIII||ICG Congress||Prague, Czech Republic||2013|
|XXII||ICG Congress||Salvador, Brazil||2010|
|XXI||ICG Congress||Strasbourg, France||2007|
|XX||ICG Congress||Kyoto, Japan||2004|
|XIX||ICG Congress||Edinburgh, Scotland||2001|
|XVIII||ICG Congress||San Francisco, USA||1998|
|XVII||ICG Congress||Beijing, China||1995|
|XVI||ICG Congress||Madrid, Spain||1992|
|XV||ICG Congress||Leningrad, Russia||1989|
|XIV||ICG Congress||New Delhi, India||1986|
|XIII||ICG Congress||Hamburg, Germany||1983|
|XI||ICG Congress||Prague, Czechoslovakia||1977|
|X||ICG Congress||Kyoto, Japan||1974|
|IX||ICG Congress||Versailles, France||1971|
|VIII||ICG Congress||London, England||1968|
|VII||ICG Congress||Brussels, Belgium||1965|
|VI||ICG Congress||Washington DC, USA||1962|
|V||ICG Congress||Munich, Germany||1959|
|IV||ICG Congress||Paris, France||1956|
|III||ICG Congress||Venice, Italy||1953|
|II||ICG Congress||London-Sheffield, England||1936|
|I||ICG Congress||Venice, Italy||1933|